991.1 Gt3 Cup track days / time attacks running cost

• Dear Albert Motorsport Staff, I'm writing this post to understand the real cost of running a 991 3.8l gt3 cup, I found a car owned by a professional team with 56h on engine and 25h on gearbox and total running time of the car is 28500km.

I want this car for track days and time attack events like gt club and gt3isti challenge (time attack for porsche street and racing) but I don't want to end up with excessively high management and running costs, the important thing is that from being a pleasure it doesn't become a debt, because for me it's a hobby... the track where I will ride the most is mugello circuit, as well as my home track.

I've already had many street track day cars and one Seat Leon Supercopa mk2 racing and my dream car is the gt3 cup.

My goal would be to manage the car together with my mechanic on the track and in ordinary maintenance, while sending the important jobs such as engine and gearbox to you for the various checks, my estimate of annual use is around 12/18h per season.

I've heard many rumors and some tell me about 200h on the engine without any problem, others about 100h and Porsche recommends 50h which for an engine like this seems very few to me...

the same goes for the gearbox, some talk about rebuild it every 30h and others that it can even reach 120h :/

So what I would like to understand are the usage costs:

tyres, fuel, brakes

And the maintenance costs:

engine, gearbox, clutch, suspension etc etc

The thing that scares me the most is the gearbox, both in terms of overhaul costs and reliability, I wouldn't be very happy if I bought the car and after a few hours of use I found the gearbox broken and 20k euros for repairs... nor would I want to use the car, always with the fear that I could break the gearbox at any moment. ;(

I thank you in advance for your help and support, I think you are among the best for this type of car and I would be very happy to collaborate with you and certainly with the great experience you have you will be able to give me objective answers to all my questions.

Thank you very much. :*

• Hi DBperformance,

I am looking into getting the 991.1 cup car next month the same as you for tracking days mainly. I am looking forward to hear the cost of running etc.

Would you consider fitting in the abs? It is costly but i think it will save a lot of tyres.

Regards,

Cameron

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!