But my workshop makes it cheaper!

• Dear all,

we've been on the market since 1974 and consistently rebuild Porsche engines and transmissions.

From time to time it happens that our customers have commissioned their work elsewhere.

Often, even very often, we see exactly these customers again almost six months later

with us, in order to then have the "presumably too expensive repair" carried out by us.

In the following case it was the same - but why do you think?

See what we have received for repair:

As always, we gave this customer a rough budget for repairing his Porsche 997 engine damage.

It was also the well-known piston and cylinder damage on a Porsche 911, type 997 Carrera, generation 1 with 320 hp.

We had this #damage repair on the part of the costs

at KV delivery, specified with roughly 15 thousand euros.

That was far too expensive for our customer, as he told us.

He then gave his acquaintance, a "freelance workshop man from Cologne", the engine repair order.

The first call from the customer came after 3 months: "Mr. Albert, how long does an engine repair like this actually take for you"?

My answer: "On average and depending on our workload and the material supply, between 2 and a maximum of 6 weeks"!

"OK, I'll get back to you then," he said.

"Okay, if you have any questions, you're welcome," was my reply.

3 months later: "Mr. Albert, what would it cost me if you repaired my #Porsche #engine after all? But we have already taken the engine apart and my workshop man apparently cannot find the damage, and he also gets the block not apart he probably lacks the special tool and he has obviously overestimated himself completely and he probably doesn't have any more time at the moment and whatever" .......

I: "Ok, then bring the car over to us, we'll take a close look at everything again and then give you a new cost estimate, under the new ( "presumably more favorable") conditions" .... Because, yes, it was me known, the engine has already been removed and disassembled, and so at least these costs are unnecessary ... that's what I thought to myself.

I'll make it short:

The customer drives to Cologne, pays 2,500 euros for disassembly and finds his defective engine as "bulk goods". Everything, really every little part, was thrown into a big heap and simply "shoveled" into the customer's Ford Transit when he picked it up.

At this point I will save myself an evaluation of the workshop man,

because our customer has already done that extensively in advance.

The fact is: As a result, our customer had to shoulder a significantly higher block of costs than we had advised him in advance. Much of the material removed was deformed and damaged during removal, making it unusable.

Apart from the many missing parts, we also had an enormous effort to first clean and sift everything in order to then laboriously find out what exactly is missing and what we had to replace and get in detail.

In the end we put everything back together properly and handed it over to the customer

delivered his car again after a #repair period of around 4 weeks.

1. I would like to give some advice here in the event of engine damage,
    2. so that you don't fall flat on your face like our customer unfortunately did too:
    3. Take a close look at the company you entrust your technology to.
    4. Analyze the reputation and ratings of the company in the market.
    5. Is the repair shop a master car workshop from the Chamber of Crafts?
    6. What about in the event of damage, do you get a 24-month guarantee?
    7. Do you get a proper invoice as proof of the repair?
    8. Do you get a written repair documentation and also with pictures?
    9. Are original Porsche parts used, or are cheap China parts used?
    10. Can you watch everything that is happening to your engine at work without having to register?
    11. Are there reputations from people who have already had engine damage repaired there?

AN IMPORTANT QUESTION IS:

How and according to which repair method should your engine be repaired there?

Ask for it explicitly, because that will decide how long the future engine life will be.

HERE you will find some lines how we #solid and #durable

Carry out #repairs on #Porsche #Wasserboxer #motors!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Many greetings

Jürgen Albert

Team Albert Motorsport

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!